> On 07/06/2020 07:05 PM, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
> > One thing I find my wireless keyboard does sometimes is that a key can get
> > "sticky wirelessly". Mostly when I'm typing I sometimes get a "eeeeeeee"
> > until It suddenly stops. I'm mostly using the keyboard for signing in and
> > modify the tool table etc, but since I'm using axis I sometimes think it
> > would be a good idea to deactivate the keyboard from axis to avoid
> > uncontrolled motion.
> >

> PC keyboards have key-up and key-down messages.  if a key-up
> message is lost by the wireless link, that will do what you
> have seen.  in a high-electrical-noise environment like a
> CNC machine, wireless keyboards and mice could be a problem.

A lost key up event would certainly be a problem.

Problem could be seen in halscope even if motor is powered so no extra
electrical noise, turned up error to avoid following error. Tried a wired
keyboard and still the same problem. Then using on real machine it however
seemed to move rather smoothly, this might be because dynamic response is
slower.

Tried and did not spot the problem in older version with either of the
keyboards but found it with both keyboards in newer version. Mouse is OK so I
suspect auto repeat.

I do not consider it a big problem and will probably connect other jogging
method once machine is up and running but as it worked in old version it would
of course be good to get it perfect again.

Nicklas Karlsson