On Monday 20 July 2020 15:28:22 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 07/20/2020 01:59 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Jon's (Pico Systems) pwm-servo is a full 4 quadrant controller,
> > without a brakiing R, it will charge the caps in the supply from 125
> > to about 160 but turns my 1 hp PMDC motor on my GO704 around in
> > about 400 milliseconds.  If your supply is higher than mine, and it
> > probably is, talk to Jon about the higher voltage.
>
> But, he's running an AC motor.

With a vfd? That might need some programming mods in the vfd to slow the
speed slew, but on my lathe, the max rigid tap revs is under 300, and it
took a limit3 to slow it so it didn't trip the vfd which is cheap and
brakeless.  I get about 3 turns of a 40 lb chuck after motion has issued
the reverse at the bottom of the hole. 200 revs is correspondingly less
overshoot of coarse.  Put it in backgear and the motors armature inertia
is even worse at the higher spin speed.  Its not a vfd rated motor.

> Jon

 - Louis D. Brandeis