From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 2:49 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Need help with Bostomatic BD18-2 to linuxcnc

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 at 02:44, Tom Smart <smart_tow...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The motor is this glentek GM4040-41 180vdc, 9.1A. I decoded the serial number
> it has no brake, no tachometer, a special encoder, no resolver.

Just how special is the encoder? Everything else sounds like a simple
retrofit, DC servos are relatively easy.
Do you have the power supply? If so, what is the actual output voltage?

The Pico servo amps are close:
http://www.pico-systems.com/pwmservo.html but may come up a little
short if the actual power supply voltage is 180V.
The 7i29 from Mesa
http://store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=83_90&product_id=141
also comes in a little low on voltage. (Note that you can run two
motors from each 7i29)
If you don't have the DC power supply then perhaps you could look at
AC input drives, https://www.a-m-c.com/product/ab30a200ac/ might be an
option. But AMC make so many drives it's probably best to actually
talk to them.

--
atp
lunatics."