Not true I think.  2x $65 plus perhaps still $25 shipping to the US since the
7i92H has two ports.   At that price point there are other MESA/PICO solutions
that also have a break out board so now you have to factor that into the price
too.

And it's still USB.  Can it handle a 2500 line quadrature encoder?   The
control is the small part of the overall CNC conversion.  I found that buying
the CNC Cape for the BeagleBone  which all around seemed like the lowest entry
cost ultimately wasn't cheaper and it's sitting in a box.

John