On Tuesday 04 August 2020 21:46:51 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 August 2020 21:26:28 Chris Albertson wrote:
> > So the parts come out about 0.4mm to large no matter what size they
> > are. It is because of surface imperfection of is the side  very
> > smooth and flat?
>
> Doesn't look that bad.
>
> > I would measure after doing a bit of sandpapering to true up the
> > sides. With a milling machine the tool marks are scratches below the
> > surface but with printers the marks are above the surface.   You
> > have to expect to do some post processing.   But sanding uff a full
> > 0.4mm seems to much. Sanding off the top 0.4mm of the bumps is
> > normal.

I probably did not take that much, once centered, and the first scratch
made, it was only 6 thou or so to a good fit, not enough to cut all the
polish away.  So thats done, but body spinning in lathe chuck sure makes
the tramming error obvious.  Now I need bolts and the motors that were
supposed to be here Monday.

After rescaling the printer so its mainly a bias error, which will make
the internal gear a hair smaller, I think I'll make 3 of those as that
will improve the engagement depth of this drive. Might have to ream some
boltholes as these bodies are scaled up about half a percent.

That will about write a ~30~ to the second spool of PLA. But I've got a
buggy freecad appimage, and a bad file for the 5x5 cube calibrator,
there is a code error that creates a bump about 1mm up from the base of
the top cube.  If someone has a copy of that w/o that bump, I'd
appreciate a pm with it attached.

> It is, so I'll bore with a very sharp tool. When I get to it, I worked
> with my scanner and legal stuff that had to be emailed a good bit of
> the day. And I'm about spent.  Some small adjustments made and another
> 5x5 is in progress now. And I can see that I can lower the temps a few
> degrees and still get adequate adhesion to the glass.  Still fine
> tuning IOW.
>
> Thanks Chris.
[...]

 - Louis D. Brandeis