On Friday 11 September 2020 16:26:07 hubert wrote:

> On 9/11/20 2:21 PM, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
> > Helo to all,
> >
> > I found these on Aliexpress:
> >
> > https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001376368510.html?spm=2114.12010
> >612.8148356.2.5d5325f21j0XN8

That link is to the true servo line they make, and which I have no
experience with.  What I do have experience with is their line of 3
phase steppers that think they are servo's.  They are servo's internally
but take the usual step/dir signals. 1000 ppr encoders on the motors.

I just a month ago, got tired of vibrating tools off onto the  concrete
floor, and replaced the src of that vibration, a 1600oz/in nema 34 motor
driving the Z on my Sheldon lathe conversion, used because I had it at
the time, with the 3NM version of their stepper/servo. I doubled the
movement speed, and silenced the vibration.  Plenty of torque to drive
it under cutting loads, but when I was done, I positioned a chuck jaw
where it would hit it, and drove it toward the chuck and let it hit it
at about 2" a minute.  About 5 milliseconds after the chip hit the chuck
jaw, it tripped, powering down the motors and unhomed the machine.

Powering down the motors made it spring back from contact by around 5
thou, and it did it without visible damage to the stationary chuck, or
to the carbide chip in the tool. So that looked like a better thing and
I ordered, and rx'd yesterday, 2 of the 2NM versions of that motor,
which is short enough to fit the X motor position. Now I have to figure
out how to get those plugs past the carriage to-from the front apron.
And probably splice both cables, its a long ways from the front apron to
where the driver will live on the post in back of the spindle.

> These look like the ones I use on my Skyfire Mill.  The only problem
> I've had is over driving my x axis into the side of steel case and
> breaking it off the table.  Not the motors fault the other two are
> still working 3 years later.  I replaced with the original.
>
> > What do you think? The price is more than good. The seller has good
> > feedback on all the listings but sadly, no enough sales to be sure.
> >
> > I'm tempted to buy these to drive the router but I don't really know
> > if they will be reliable enough.
> >
> > Thanks as always.
> >
> > Leonardo

 - Louis D. Brandeis