> From: Sam Sokolik [mailto:samco...@gmail.com]
>
> I have been running the pi for a while now.  (not in production - but every
> time I use it - no realtime issues)  Fix your power supply problem.

Yes.  As I recall it's mounted to the back of your monitor.  I'll look into the
power supply today.  Since this was a temporary test it's on a wall wart USB
supply (2A) with a 5' USB C cable.  And I'm using 3 of the USB ports for the
VGA converter and mouse/keyboard.

So I'll see if I can dig out a powered hub to unload that 5V and change to a
short USB C cable and run an AC extension cord to the wall wart.

> I don't know what the stock image has - but I added a few things to the
> config.txt and cmdline.txt.

It's the newest and latest 2.8.0.  There were two in the zip file which was a
bit puzzling.

> (do some research about this - If you care - over_voltage might void your
> warranty..
If anything it's low voltage.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/power/README.md

I forget if yours is an HDMI monitor?  Mine isn't so I don't know what exactly
the changes below will do:

From:  https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=247893
"KMS and DRM rely almost exclusively on the EDID of the display,"

I'm not sure the Pi4 should have some of this set without fan cooling nor
should it be needed for the new 2.8.0 kernel?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/overclocking.md

> config.txt
> forceturbo=1
> [pi4]
> # Enable DRM VC4 V3D driver on top of the dispmanx display stack
> dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d
> max_framebuffers=2
> gpu_freq=600
> over_voltage=6
> arm_freq=1800

AFAIK this document is now  out of date for the 2.8.0
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?The_Isolcpus_Boot_Parameter_And_GRUB2
so I don't know if these would make a difference anymore.  The Pi4 version
already reports on boot that processor one isn't used.  Which I still think is
weird...

> cmdline.txt
> I add to the kernel line
> idle=poll isolcpus=1,2,3

One step at a time.  Power supply and measuring the voltage is the first step.
Especially since I own a 6.5digit meter.

Thanks for the feedback.
John Dammeyer