On Saturday 31 October 2020 15:20:29 marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk
wrote:

> Gene,
>
> I am probably barking up the wrong tree, but:
>
> As a general method, I would position the controlled point where I
> wanted the routine to begin.
> (Say at X40 Y25 Z10)
> Then I would call the subroutine.
> Inside the subroutine, I would use G92 to set the current position to
> zero (or some other useful value - but usually zero).
> So that would mean putting
> G92 X0 Y0 Z0
> at the start. And that would create an offset for the whole
> co-ordinate system, so that the controlled point is now considered to
> be at X0 Y0 Z0 (or whatever you specified when you used the G92
> command).
> Then there would be the various commands to get the job done.
> The subroutine would end with
> G92.1
> to remove the overall offset and return the co-ordinate system to its
> original values before I called the subroutine.
>
> I don't see G92 or G92.1 anywhere in your code.
> I do see G91, but I am not sure why - not that it matters, provided it
> is not trying to do the job of G92.
>
> I may be well of beam with this, and may have misunderstood the
> problem, in which case I apologize.

No, I think you have the picture nice and sharp.

But with those changes, I am still looking at the same 50% arc error.
But, I am looking at the exact same error straight out of
conterbore.py!!! Nothing added. Nothing removed. This it is, straight
out of counterbore.py
=============================
(SHCS Counterbore, Diameter = 0.3600, Depth = 0.2000 )
(Number of Cuts 14, Depth of Cut 0.0143)
(Tool Diameter = 0.2500)
(Spiral Down to Depth of each Pass and Spiral Out)
F10.0 S750
(Hole Center X0.0000 Y0.0000)
G0 Z4.2500
G0 X0.0000 Y-0.0550
G1 Z0.0100
(spiral down)
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.0143 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.0286 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.0429 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.0571 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.0714 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.0857 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.1000 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.1143 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.1286 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.1429 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.1571 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.1714 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.1857 J0.0550
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 Z-0.2000 J0.0550
(clean up hole)
G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0550 J0.0550
G1 X0.0000 Y0.0000
> Regards,
>
> Marcus

Thank you Marcus, that sounds like it would work. But Z remains absolute
in this instance so I am assuming a G92 x0.0000 y0.0000 would do what I
want. I'm obviously still learning some of the finer points about gcode.
Only been hacking on it for 16 years or so. :) But g2/3 has been my
nemisis since the first BDI install.

 - Louis D. Brandeis