On Saturday 31 October 2020 16:46:16 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Saturday 31 October 2020 15:53:50 Jon Elson wrote:
> > On 10/31/2020 12:01 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > G0 Z4.2500 (clear fixtures etc) (works)
> > > G0 X0.0000 Y-0.0700 (pre-position to start a G3 move) (works)
> > > (spiral down in relative, so just step z down in additive mode)
> > > G91 (relative distance mode)
> > > G3 X0.0000 Y-0.0700 Z-0.0250 J0.0700 (dies here)
> >
> > OK, you have selected a circular arc move, presumably in the
> > XY plane.
> > Then, you go from X=0 Y= -0.07 Z=4.15

> > X=0 Y=-0.14 Z=4.275  which is NOT a move in the XY plane.
> > But, if XY plane is selected,
> > then the extra axis should move the desired amount while the
> > XY arc is performed.
> >
> > But, what exactly is the error?  Is it a distance to end
> > does not equal distance from start?
> >
> > Jon
>
> Yes Jon, r1 does not equal r2. Gawd I wish that error window was
> copy/pastable. The code straight out of counterbore.py has exactly the
> same error.  Is there a newer version of it?  Where?

PS:
I did get it done, but I nuked the gcode from counterbore.py, and used
the code from arcgenm18.py, which once I had reinitialized lcnc, Just
Worked. So those counterbores are done. But before I dismount that part
from the table, I believe I need to find 2 more 5x30mm cap screws and
put 5 around the edge instead of 3.  This is a 1" thick slab of alu,
milled in a circle which exposes the tilt of the head degrees scales,
with a flat corresponding to the front of the bs-1, has a cutout for the
bs-1 worm bearing and which currently is drilled with a 4.3mm drill so
it can be located of the side of the bs-1, and superglued in place long
enough to use it to drill the holes in the bs-1 at a size suitable for
tapping a 5mm bolt. Then it will get knocked off, those 4.3mm holes
opened up to clear the 5mm bolt.  All this to function as a flat place
to bolt down a pair of half circle motor mounts, far enough out to make
a shaft coupling to tie the motors output worm to the bs-1's input worm.
All mounted solidly enough I could pick up the whole almost 90kg of this
thing by a choker strap around the motor. If I had to. With a jerky
electric hoist. Generally I handle it with the hoist with a 16" piece of
1/2" A2 thru the bore, and an orange binder strap tangled around it.
Looks a bit dicey, but gets the job done.

 - Louis D. Brandeis