I think the question you’re asking is how to use the limit switch as a home
input.  On my bridgeport mill, a single limit switch trips on the min and max
limits.  I also use this for home.  I do this by assigning the same hardware
pin to axis.0.home-sw-in (or axis.1, axis.2, etc) axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in, and
axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in.  So you just need to assign the same hardware pin as your
limit switch to home as well as the limit switch input for axis.

Hope this helps!

Matt