No example hookups?  The PDF you linked shows every wire and provides
source code for software to control the motor.    They use a pictorial
diagram rather than a schematic.

Then there are two links on the last page of the PDF.  The first link is to
a very easy to follow tutorial that explains a little of the theory of
operation and how PWM and h-bridges work.

I would suggest actually connecting this to an Arduino or the like to
prove that it works.   As you can see the microcontroller code is very
simple and easy to read.  It will be 1000 times more complex using LCNC, so
I like to verify using Arduino.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California