On Monday 09 November 2020 18:16:05 Chris Albertson wrote:

> No example hookups?  The PDF you linked shows every wire and provides
> source code for software to control the motor.    They use a pictorial
> diagram rather than a schematic.
>
> Then there are two links on the last page of the PDF.  The first link
> is to a very easy to follow tutorial that explains a little of the
> theory of operation and how PWM and h-bridges work.
>
> I would suggest actually connecting this to an Arduino or the like to
> prove that it works.   As you can see the microcontroller code is very
> simple and easy to read.  It will be 1000 times more complex using
> LCNC, so I like to verify using Arduino.

But Chris, I already have a control cable from the bob laying out where I
can play with it, and all I have to do is hook the control signals to
the correct places on the new board.  If it moves the motor, hook up the
encoder cable too.  If that works, take it apart and make it neat.  Its
already all done in linuxcnc, why should I learn a new processors
language just to prove it does or does not work?  Seem like a good way
to waste another 2 months, I can do it tomorrow. I still have way more
work than this making the motor mounts and installing an index generator
on the bs-1 so I can calibrate its SCALE since I have no clue what the
scale of the motors built in encoder has, so measure it by 100 times
past the index.  And divide the count difference by 100 for the SCALE.
That code is also already done, all I have to do is steer the motors
encoder signals to the 2nd encoder and steer that code to watch the 2nd
encoder.  Read the answer with a halmeter. But its all commented out in
the hal file as I knew I'd need it again when I wrote it years ago.

 - Louis D. Brandeis