On 11/13/2020 1:24 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 12 November 2020 20:50:10 Dave Cole wrote:

Gene,

Where did you buy that H bridge board ?  Ebay ?

Dave
Yes, Thats a BTS7960 board. I tried it out tonight, ran the motor at
about half speed for about half an hour. No detectable heating of the
motor or the device. Running on a 350 watt 24 volt switcher. Found I
needed to do some work on the hal file as I was only getting encoder B
output back into the 5i25 encoder.01. Probably have an is_output being
applied to one of the gpio's that is an input on the bob. But by then I
was beat, so that is tomorrows troubleshooting job. For a full test I
need to dummy up a hone switch for an index on the the motor since its
not yet mounted on the BS-1. Need to figure out how to put one on it
that is still out of the way and protected. Someplace behind the front
disk I think, and detect a passing screw with an ATS-667 should work ok.
Just have the find the giddy-up to do it. I'm finding that with a 30%
pump, my giddy-up goes away too easy.  That and make a couple saddles to
put the motor in strong enough it won't get knocked coocoo by the choker
straps I handle the BS-1 with as its about 200 lbs with the motor and
160mm 3 jaw mounted.

Take care and stay well, Dave.

Thanks Gene,

I want to try out that H bridge.    The price is certainly right!

Dave