On 11/12/20 11:47 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 at 18:21, R C <cjv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Seems like I better start installing  Linuxcnc 2.9 then. Is tehre a
stable version that I can download?  (what is the URL ?)
Sorry, no. 2.9 is the dev version and inherently a little unstable.

I did see 2.8, I'll install that on a different tray, so I can swap the 2.7.15 install back if for some reason I have issues.

buildbot.linuxcnc.org has instructions.

I might try that.

The Python remap will also work with 2.7.15, if that suits you better.

Are you using software stepping?

uhm..  I have no idea what "software stepping" means?    I think I read something about that Python remap,  where can I find that?

thanks,

Ron