I have worked on that machine for some time now and what I have
managed so far is that machine actually works nice, when I execute a
sample g-code file. I saved it, edited to scale up 10x and then ran
it. Everything is nice, rapids are smooth at 15 m/min.

The problem is that the velocity is fluctuating, when I am jogging the
machine. And the thing is that it is fluctuating not only when I jog
it with keyboard, but also when I jog it from Axis GUI by selecting
particular axis and pressing "+" or "-" (I had almost exact issue with
another machine last week, but for that machine somehow I discovered
that velocity is fluctuating when I jog with keyboard, it moved
smoothly if I jogged from GUI, so I decided that it is crappy
keyboard, probably too much dust under the keys).
Here is a velocity graph for one particular attempt of jogging it:
https://www.picpasteplus.com/v.php?i=5f646fd6db

Here is INI file:
https://pastebin.com/8MLwCVw5

Here is HAL file:
https://pastebin.com/9eqSSNtX

As you can see, the section related plasma torch and thc are in progress.
And here I have another issue - encoder rawcounts value does not
change, if I apply +12V on thc board inputs (that is 300V version, so
I would expect at least some pulses). I suspect that THCAD would
output pulses even if there is no voltage applied to input. Is that
correct?
Here is a picture of THCAD board in the cabinet:
https://www.picpasteplus.com/v.php?i=0cbcca94b0
My first question - is the wiring correct? I mean, what is minimum
wiring required? I have +5V and GND to power the THCAD and the third
is FOUT+, all three wires connected to "encoder" on 7i96 - 5V and GND
to the respective pins, FOUT+ to A.
Here is the 7i96 board:
https://www.picpasteplus.com/v.php?i=d238f584b4
Am I missing something? I think that the jumpers are correct for
single-ended pulse signal. And I have set it in HAL for counter_mode =
1. I am all out of ideas.

Viesturs

ceturtd., 2020. g. 12. nov., plkst. 23:43 — lietotājs Peter C. Wallace
(<p...@mesanet.com>) rakstīja: