Andy,

I looked over the information you provided. It is not clear to me how the
7i80hv_16_sv..  "SV" sections work. The card provides a PWM output for the
7i40, the encoder feedback comes back to the 7i40 and then back to LinuxCNC
servo thread where the loop is closed? So is this then just a single
control loop instead of the typical nested Position and Velocity loops that
one would have with a velocity mode drive using velocity feedback to the
drive and position feedback for LinuxCNCs position loop?

Regards,

John Figie