On 12/12/2020 08:12 AM, Matthew Herd wrote:
Hi All,

I’m sure there’s a simple answer for my question, but I haven’t been able to
figure it out.  Currently the configuration for the spindle forward and reverse
outputs is as follows:

# connect spindle fwd/rev to I/O controller
net SpindleFwd <= ppmc.2.dout.00.out
net SpindleFwd => spindle.0.forward
net SpindleRev <= ppmc.2.dout.01.out
net SpindleRev => spindle.0.reverse
ppmc.2 ??? You have THREE parallel ports with ppmc devices connected? Generally, you set the I/O port address in the line that loads the ppmc driver in the univ<xxx>_load.hal file, and it comes out as
ppmc.0.xxxxx
I would like to selectively reverse direction depending on whether a backgear
input switch is triggered.  I see there is a gearchange component but I’m not
clear on how to utilize it.
No, don't use gearchange. Use mux2 to select either -1.0 or +1.0 to a signal depending on the backgear selector. Then, feed that to mult2 and multiply that by the spindle speed command (motion.spindle-speed-out) to feed the spindle-speed signal. If you already have a mult2 in there with some value to scale the speed of the spindle, then just use the mux2 to select between a positive and a negative of that value.

I think this is the simplest way to do it, rather than reversing the way TWO different outputs work.

Jon