The flexspline is the secret sauce of harmonic gearboxes.  If you can make
one (that can last), you can print money because these harmonics are used
in so many robotic applications.  The Harmonic Drive patents expired a few
years ago and there was one competitor (forget who??) who was coming out
with their version of the Harmonic drive.  The release date was pushed
back, pushed back again, and I think they finally gave up (not sure).
Why?  Because their flexspline kept breaking because of fatigue.  At least,
that's what I had heard.

I suppose if you use it for home use and it doesn't run 24/7, you could be
successful.  I'd love to see it :-)

BTW - If you know what kind of grease they use, that would be good to
know.  You should use their recommended grease.  Also, you can get away
with a lot less grease than what is required.  Although, applications may
differ.

Mark