On 1/5/21 9:25 AM, andy pugh wrote:
I bought an FHA-17C actuator from eBay. It was cheaper than normal,
for parts or not working.
It clearly had the cables cut off, so I decided to gamble.

It turns out that things were worse than I hoped.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p3SL2Bwv2b9yd5XJ9

I am seriously considering trying to make a new flexspline. I mean,
how hard can it be?

Based on what I know about harmonic drives, extremely hard.
Each mechanism has a serial number on both tooth gears to be perfectly matched. You cannot mix and match. That explains high cost.

I happen to get my hand on few gears like that. See
https://www.harmonicdrive.net/technology

I know that people play with 3D printed plastic ones for toys etc. but that cannot replace metal.

--
Rafael Skodlar