On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 13:47, Andreas Linnarsson
<andreas.linnars...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems fair to say that this isn't a HAL
> issue and that it needs to be addressed withinin the carousel component.

Yes.

However in previous emails you had shown examples where T4 M6 left
pocket-number = 5.
As pocket-number is the commanded position, that looked wrong and I
wanted to eliminate that variable.

> is there some functionality within the component that makes it ignore the
> first pocket trigger when a reverse latching tool changer is used? What
> lines of code are responsible for that functionality?

The code looks for changes in the index pin, by comparing old_index
with (current) index.

The change that I suggested was intended to keep the value of
old_index high if the turret was turning backwards, so that there
would be no update until the next high-to-low transition.

Staring at the code some more (this is very much something that is far
easier to follow with the actual hardware and halscope) I actually
think that the standard, unmodified carousel comp will work, but only
if you set the reverse-pulse > 0.

I think that the underlying problem is that your tool changer moves
when not told to, and the component isn't tracking that.

So:

1) Revert to the unmodified carousel.comp

2) If you set carousel.0.rev-pulse to 1 second (or maybe 2) then the
system will still be tracking position during the locking reverse, it
will see the edge, decrement apparent position and so be back in
position when it sees the edge the second time.

--
atp
lunatics."