On Wednesday 03 March 2021 22:17:35 John Dammeyer wrote:

> [...]

And this is what the high frequency gains do, FF2 and Dgain, giving a
boost when the velocity changes. All this assumes that the actual power
available is sufficient to achieve what the controller is asked to make
it do. If the available power sags with the initial accell but the speed
being asked is so high the power available cannot catch it up and is
limiting you then following errors creep into long distance moves.

Currently, my plaything is down for mods, like a new cam to switch the
home switch. I made a ring out of PETG that is about .4mm smaller than
the flange diameter of this BS-1, to replace the narrow notch I cut in
the flange for a home switch, and which it will sail right on by at
search vels above 4 degrees a second. So now, when I get this mod
finished, waiting the rest of the night for goop to set, but I may
remake the cam thinner because a trial switch position shows its too
thick, it 5mm thick and 2 will work the switch, leaving much more real
estate to glue the switch to.

Take care John.

 - Louis D. Brandeis