On Monday 29 March 2021 14:30:19 Billy Huddleston wrote:

> Looking for a small form factor PC to use.  Been a while since I've
> put together a new system.
>
> Contemplating this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085RZDVL5  (Has WiFi
> for LAN connection and onboard Ethernet for the MESA Card)
>
> Or perhaps a Intel NUC?  Anyone have suggestions?  What's everyone
> using these days?
>
> Thanks, Billy

I am running an 11x54 Sheldon with a rpi4 with 2 gigs of dram, a mesa
7i90HD and a trio of 7i42TA's. Plus a spinx-1 to run the vfd controlling
an old old 1 horse 3 phase motor. Using a kernel I built.

I also have a couple SSD's on the pi4's usb3 ports, and am running my own
version of a buildbot but its not automatic, rebuilding master on the
pi, for the pi, whenever a git pull generates a mail telling me there's
been a commit to master. 5 to 10 builds a week. To see that code, goto
the link in my sig, then add buildbot-repo to the address line.  Its
complex, read the README which contains a blow by blow of what you have
to do to a stock armhf raspbian buster iso installed on a 64GB u-sd
card. You can get the kernel I'm running, plus the uspace, armhf
versions of linuxcnc I built earlier today there.

Have fun Billy, although you might need some aspirin too.

 - Louis D. Brandeis