I need to do a couple of things.  For one the AC Servo makes a lot of
electrical noise.  The frame of the motor is connected to earth through power
line ground.  But my bench setup has the control side 5V not isolated from the
'PC' side (optos are kind of useless here) and although the Pi4 doesn't appear
to have any trouble the scope shows a pretty noisy encoder signal.

===================== HAL code ===================
Second is some of the HAL parameters and reducing to 0.003 makes the display
more stable.
#  Use ACTUAL spindle velocity from spindle encoder
#  spindle-velocity bounces around so we filter it with lowpass
#  spindle-velocity is signed so we use absolute component to remove sign
#  ACTUAL velocity is in RPS not RPM so we scale it.

setp     scale.spindle.gain 60
setp     lowpass.spindle.gain 0.003
net spindle-vel-fb-rps        =>     scale.spindle.in
net spindle-fb-rpm               scale.spindle.out       =>   abs.spindle.in
net spindle-fb-rpm-abs           abs.spindle.out         =>   lowpass.spindle.in
net spindle-fb-rpm-abs-filtered  lowpass.spindle.out
===================== end HAL code ===================

But I'm still using the original signal for at speed and the LED never comes on
nor does it know it's at speed.  I should probably be filtering the RPS rather
than RPM I think?

===================== HAL code ===================
net spindle-vel-fb-rps => spindle-near-speed.in1
net spindle-ramped => spindle-near-speed.in2

# ---Setup spindle at speed signals---
# the output from spindle-near-speed 'near' component is sent to
spindle.0.at-speed
# and when this is true motion will start. The LED in the pyvcp-panel.xml is
renamed to be a LED.
net spindle-near-speed-led <= spindle-near-speed.out => spindle.0.at-speed

John