CoC doesn't really affect me because I don't deliberately try to be a
d-bag. In the time I've been on these mailing lists, I haven't seen any
misconduct. I think it's pretty much a moot point and it'll be forgotten
about as quickly as it came to attention.

Going back to something that was said yesterday, I never got an
elitist/holier than thou vibe from anyone, although I did get answers that
were above my pay grade at the time of asking, which frustrated me a
little. I feel that asking a simple question to someone that has done
something for years can kinda fall on deaf ears, because they don't
remember the struggle of learning something like creating a net command or
navigating the difference between setp and sets.

Things can sometimes be taken out of context and seem dickish, when the
intentions were good, but the information was just a little above the level
of understanding. "Create a net command" isn't the answer some people are
looking for, "create a net command and here's how they're constructed" is
really what they're after, but nowadays, that can be seen as
"mansplaining", so it's lose/lose.

Even after 17 years of teaching CNC, I still have the issue of deciding
whether or not to give someone the "down and dirty" or the "step by step"
explanation, which is why I always ask people their current level of
knowledge and train by my "3E" method - explain, example, execute.

Phil T.
The Feral Engineer

Check out my LinuxCNC tutorials, machine builds and other antics at
www.youtube.com/c/theferalengineer

Help support my channel efforts and coffee addiction:
www.patreon.com/theferalengineer