Bruce,
You left out "KISS".

We seem to have a solution in search of a problem.
Scott

    On Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 12:21:23 PM CDT, Bruce Layne
<linux...@thinkingdevices.com> wrote:

 I've been a member of this community for approximately 14 years.  In
that time, I've almost exclusively witnessed camaraderie with good
people helping each other and learning together.  In the short time
since the introduction of the Code of Conduct, I've seen arguing,
acrimony, ad hominem attacks, people publicly leaving the community and
almost certainly many more who left without a public announcement.

See how much better we're behaving now that we have a Code of Conduct
regulating our behavior?  We are certainly poised for future success now
that we have codified rules to ensure that everyone is nice to everyone
else.

I'm an engineer.  I solve technical problems.  There are some simple
rules for that.

1) If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

2) Understand what you're trying to improve.

3) Avoid random changes hoping they'll be improvements.

4) Before effecting a change, consider the larger picture to avoid
wrecking something else.

5) If you made it worse, undo your modification because it's not working.