Hi Gene,

I don't think it was a NIH issue, more a lack of resources and motivation. As you know getting LCNC working on the Pi platform is hard work and it is rather under powered for the task. X86 boxes are well supported and are easy to obtain, often for free. If you need low power consumption, celeron based boxes are available with very low power consumption. This means the Pi doesn't offer any significant advantage. As has been mentioned several times before, stuff only gets done when someone volunteers to do it. You volunteered to work on the Pi and no-one else could see any real advantage for themselves so the work was left to you.

Les

Since this truly is an all volunteer thing I was somewhat disappointed by
the lack of response to my offers, but I didn't go off in a huff, I just
built my own buildbot out of the pi.

But a pi3 it must be admitted was a little slow taking about 8 to 12
hours to build master.  The 2 gig pi4 with its usb3 interface for
adapters to SSD's shaves that down to around an hour. Both of them need
active cooling and 5 amp supplies to get power failure to power failure
uptimes.

That lack of any kind of response disappointed me a bit, and I still
blame it on an NIH attitude, but I've been known to be the upstart
troublemaker since 1946. Maybe I didn't use the correct language? IDK.