Thanks Chris.
I haven't needed the handle all that badly or I would have done something.
What I also just noticed is the plastic handle is held with a rivet into the
top of a larger extension.  New drawing attached.

But what I've found lately is my biggest issue with CNC is work holding.

So start out with a block and turn the 7mm shaft to a depth of 17mm on the
lathe or held in a vise and mill it round.  At this point in the 4th axis could
grip this and the profile of the handle could be done with it held horizontal.

Then rotate to the correct angle from narrow to the wide end so the end with
the slot is wider than the knob end.  Flip it the other direction in the 4th
axis and do the same horizontal motion that creates the expanding in size end.

Likely the round part by the knob could also be milled around.  Rotate it so
it's vertical and cut the slot?

Way more work than using the mill to cut the slot on the end in a piece of
steel.  Heat and bend.  A bit of grinding and a hole to hold a screw for the
handle and it's done.  Crude but as I said at the start.  This is more an
exercise in how to use CNC than solve a problem.

John