I found that a while ago - That was what I initially started to build.
 But the cup seems to not handle flexing.  Atleast pla (I never tried it
with petg).  When Andy mentioned the style with no cup - I went that
direction.  I first made the flex gear out of pla - but it fatigued after
about 6 hours of running full speed (of the stepper).   Which might be just
fine for a hobby 4th axis.  Your not running the rotary axis at 100% feed
all the time.     I bought a role of petg and printed a flex gear with it.
 As much as I have run this setup (petg flex gear and pla splines) - I have
not had the petg flex gear fail - even after torque testing it.  (although
I have not taken it apart) but it still runs and doesn't randomly stall.

sam