Todd,
More after the paint on the screw heads dries.
http://www.autoartisans.com/harmonicdrive/GearSide3.jpg

I hadn't tried that particular orientation of Tooth #1.  But as you can see,
within the limits of 3D printing my 3 alignment screw holes are designed along
with the concentric center bore to duplicate the planetary gear assembly so
that tooth #1 on both gears always line up.

Before I pulled the screws and painted the heads I did re-assemble it in that
configuration and the 101T ring gear slipped easily down onto the planets.  I
might still be out one tooth but the entire assembly rotates so much more
easily now.

I'll draw up an alignment jig that has pins that will go into the other end of
the 3 mount holes on each planet and align them correctly.

More later.
John