On Saturday, December 25, 2021 1:01:03 PM EST dave engvall wrote:
> I'd be lost w/o a command line editor. vi may be vile but vim can be
> surprising useful. My feeble brain still can't get configurations that
> work with a gui type  configure.  I'll gladly take a framework and
> modifiy it to suit my needs. Wish list: smoother motion probably via
> sine wave, moderate look a head and a screaming fast rt in a dedicated
> rt chip. Properly done the motion module doesn't change much but a lot
> of task stuff wrapped around it does and that allow improvements as the
> focus of the programmers changes. Just my tuppence devalued by inflation.
>
> Dave

Good to see you survived Christmas dinner. I'm considering a piece of WV
backstrap given about an hour at 30% in the microwave. Goodies to go with,
looks like road stew, pull open the freezer door and pull out whatever's in
the road.

I see where Mike Galbraith gave a recent version of the preempt-rt kernal a
thumbs up on arms so I've marked that msg and recipe list, and I'll be
collecting the pieces to build it on my rpi4 in the next few days. I need to
see about upgrading my own rpi4 install to bullseye myself. Raspian bullseye
installed on your cards already.  But big computer problems here, my main
drive in this machine puked all over itself on the 2nd and I'm still digging
around  in a bullseye install on a raid10 using SSD's which is lightning fast
but the new KDE is still not quite ready for prime time. And my new glasses
aren't ready yet either.

So you nd Barb take care till I've got some news on your front.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis