It was some years ago when I tried it, it was fine on thicker sheet, but
not thin sheet, like I said, I expect there have been improvements in the
trajectory planner since then.

The basic problem with plasma is it needs to be kept burning and metal
passing at a constant speed.  You can't just stop .. well, you can, but the
arc will eventually fail. In thick sheet, with slow speeds, you can get
away with it, and indeed the decel and accel to/from the stop at slow
speeds are fractions of a second.   In thin sheet at 6m+ a minute,
decelerating to a stop and starting up again is noticeable and can lead to
loss of arc.

I was building the machines commercially at the time, and it did cause
headaches in thin sheet with high current machines, but it's probably fixed
now.