Hi Martin,
My wired pendant like the one in the video works great.  But I'm not sure how
that's relevant to my question with respect to someone wanting 4 rotary axis
that currently doesn't exist in MACH4 but Brian Barker (MACH4 support) is
interested in writing a module that does it.

Just seems to me there are already people using LCNC with separate joints and
axis and I suspect with the right MESA card might be an out of the box
solution.

But I don't want to hijack the MACH thread on their forum to rave about LCNC
when a) it might not do it  and b) it's really not the right way to inform the
original poster about it.

Better to find out if this is 'easy' and then send a PM to the original poster
which doesn't hijack the MACH forum thread.