On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 at 14:31, Thaddeus Waldner <thadw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now I need to get this signal into LinuxCNC. I think the MESA THCAD device
> would work, though it’s a bit overkill. Does MESA have other 1 or 2-channel
> A-D options, perhaps without the high voltage protection?

Many of the Mesa boards have (relatively low resolution) analogue
inputs on some pins.
But typically only 8 bit resolution which probably won't work here.

I would be tempted to try an ADS1256 board.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194241659854
I have one of those hooked up to the SPI of an AdaFruit Feather M0 as
part of a stalled Faro Arm project.

It _should_ be possible to read the SPI data in a HAL component. Somehow.

You could use a Mesa firmware with BSPI if the onboard SPI is hard to interface.

It looks easy in Python if you don't need realtime.
https://raspberrypi-aa.github.io/session3/spi.html

--
atp
lunatics."