On Sunday, 27 March 2022 17:03:14 EDT ken.stra...@gmail.com wrote:
> Gene, do you have a part number for your high RPM Omron encoder? Maybe
> I can snag one...

I don't know as I do, and a spare I bought a couple years ago when the
coupling broke is now buried in 2 or 3 years of detrious in the garage. I
fixed the broken coupler by replacing it with some heat shrink that had
the glue lining. The only thing special is that it was a differential
output model but it was the same price as the TTL version. In fact I
didn't realize I had bought the differential version till it arrived and
I read the propaganda sheet that came with it.

A couple of the rs485<->TTL converters, programmed as send only, for
about $2 a copy fixed that right up. Squeezed them into one of Hammonds
smallest boxes in the middle of the cable, works fine. No room left for
critters in that box though.

I'd just search ebay for Omron encoder, and get the 20 dollar or so 1000
ppr differential version. I expect it would work.

Thanks Ken, take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis