On Thursday, 31 March 2022 12:01:52 EDT andy pugh wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 03:13, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > Yes I could, but I'd like to make it automatic since logging to the
> > screen isn't copy/pastable.
>
> (log, .... ) logs to a file, not to the screen.
>
> Though I think you are over-thinking this, even logging to the screen
> should work, the iteration number is likely to be a single digit
> integer, and copy//paste seems unnecessary.

If I was using an iteration number Andy, but I rarely do. What I normally
do is find the start value. and subtract the end value, giving a total
cut. Then I sometimes experiment calculating the increment, The actual
loop ending test is if the last cut== the stop target. So its always a
floating point, and it always stops exactly on target. That pair of
floating point numbers is exactly what I want to save and restore.

Experimentally since my last post I've played in that memory range g52|
g92 uses, and any modification including writing back the zero read,
triggers a showstopper error message when machine motion is re-enabled. I
am not yet in a condition to rehome the machine, as it does have
volatable homes due to powering down everything when motion is disabled.

I'm 3d printing a series of footprints for drilling guides while I build
an electronics box big enough to hide both psu's and the 4 axis drivers.

Take care and stay well.
> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis