On Tuesday, 29 March 2022 02:32:24 EDT gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> In thinking about this vise screw project, I see a need to be able to
> restart where I left off if I stop it to replace a dull or broken tool.
> I'll have a TLO corrector at the startup of course, but it would be
> handy to save each new position as it progresses thru the loop,
> marking where it starts this pass, and AFTER doing the tlo
> corrections, I could re-read that last loop yz value and restore the
> working values so it could start the next iteration at that point.
>
> So, is there an mcode or similar that I could put in my program to save
> the current position it has attained, stop it and change to a fresh
> tool, and then restore to that same point with a fresh tool?

I found paramsaver6.zip in the wiki. Looks like severe overkill, but also
looks like it can be programmed to do what I want. Has anyone else used
it, and might share some advice?  For what it purports to do, the man
page is pretty sparse.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)