From: andrew beck [andrewbeck0...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 4:29 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: [Emc-users] OT but built on linuxcnc machines:) affordable color
sensor for project (24v model)

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the Walla Walla University email
system.

hey guys

i am sure there is lots of experience here

i am looking for a color sensor to sense when a red color chip goes past on
a conveyor

normally the chips are just green and black.  they can be colored in with a
red marker if they are faulty and then we want this sensor to detect them.

currently i am getting prices back at 500 bucks nzd each and i need 4 of
them which seems a bit pricey lol

considering at the other end of the price point i can get a arduino option
for 8 dollars but it is not so plug and play. and is only 5v and needs a
chip too i think.

i want something that can be connected with a PLC to have a simple trigger
on or off .

you guys got any ideas?

regards

Andrew