On Thu, 12 May 2022 at 00:33, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> normally the chips are just green and black.  they can be colored in with a
> red marker if they are faulty and then we want this sensor to detect them.

Do you need to do any other inspection? I suspect that most solutions
are likely to be far too capable (and expensive) for this simple task.
But it is probably cheap to add this to an existing visual inspection process.

If I was in your position I think that I would just get on the phone
to the usual suspects (Omron, Keyence, Micro-epsilon, Sick) and see what
they suggest. Also try looking at web images. (for example the
Automation-Direct link posted here suggests that Wenglor are in this
market. There is even a handy URL on the side of the unit)

If it's a one-off then you could easily spend $1000 in development
time to save $500 in parts. If this is a series production scenario
then the economics change.

--
atp
lunatics."