From: Nicklas SB Karlsson <n...@nksb.eu>
Sent: June 25, 2022 10:53 AM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Emc-users] Stop then probe tripped during move, machine does not
stop?

Expected movement to stop the "probe tripped during move" but this does not
happen. Risk to make a mistake bending the probe then jogging or using other
g-code commands to move it into place is to small so guess it would be a
good idea if machine stop then this happen?

Have also been thinking about an attribute in the tool table indicate if it
is a probe. Pretty sure it is not possible to access the comment field from
g-code but use a special value for ninth axis would solve it though these
kind of special uses tend to add up over time and it is easy to forget how
it was made.

Have seen Renishaw probes for sale with broken tip, maybe more than once.

Nicklas Karlsson