Den 2022-06-25 kl. 19:44, skrev ken.stra...@sympatico.ca:
I agree about stopping and I have the broken tips to prove it! IMHO an even
better solution would be to:
* Allow jogging as usual if probe is not tripped
* If probe trips, reverse motion until probe is untripped

Guess reverse direction might be a little bit confusing, what about manual reverse direction allow jogging backwards instead?

There might be a problem if barely touching so that there are glitches then moving away backwards. Guess some distance then probe input go low happen is a good idea. There is toggle button for temporary allow jogging then end switching is tripped and this i probably a good idea also for the probe to not get stuck.

* Move forward in the original direction at slow speed until probe trips
again
* Stop

This would allow jogging at any speed without fear of probe damage. If the
probe trips then one could set X/Y/Z zero when the motion stops.
It is also useful if machine stop then using g-code. An attribute in tool table to indicate it is a probe so signal should be connected is also useful but not very important since work around is possible.

Nicklas Karlsson