Hi Chris,
I like that idea but the if you are using an Ethernet Based MESA 7i92 then the
Ethernet port should not really be shared with the rest of the system.

Ideally then for the rest of the system there should be a USB 3.0 to Ethernet
Dongle.   Or perhaps a SPI bus to Ethernet dongle since none of the standard
pins on the Pi4 are being used.

Any suggestions on which would be best?

Thanks
John