________________________________
From: Alan Condit

Thank you Peter and John,

I changed the thread timing, and added the isolcpus=1,2,3. I haven’t added the
force_turbo=1 in config.txt yet but already it is much improved. I haven’t run
it long enough to get it hot, I suspect I need a fan on it when I add the
force-turbo=1. It is in a Raspberry Pi4 case with no fan.

Alan

On Fri, 30 Sep 2022, John Dammeyer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 13:40:57 -0700
> From: John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com <mailto:jo...@autoartisans.com>>
> To: "'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> <mailto:emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Linuxcnc configurations using Mesa
>>>

>> If you get read errors on a RPI4 and 7I76E, I would double the servo
>> thread period (the RPI4 is marginal at a 1 KHz servo thread period with
>> some kernels)
>>

>> Peter Wallace
>> Mesa Electronics
>
> So you'd change it to 500Hz or 2kHz?

Also forgot to add, you need force_turbo=1 in config.txt

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics