Greetings all;

I am about to straighten the post of my go704, which is not straight, it leans and this causes problems when rigid tapping because the tap if trammed correctly is being moved sideways as it descends into the hole its tapping. I now have a circular square to set on the table and scan with a dial.

I intend to put a height derived offset, scalable, into the x and y axises which will move the table as the head rises and
falls to compensate and make it effectively become vertical to the table.

I'll put the offset module at the pid input, and in just front of the pid in the addf order, The correction scale I can adjust, what I need is the number in the 5000 block, (or where ever it lives) that is the "current height" as was established as zero when the machine was homed but is now the actual height ack the g53 related commands.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis