I continue to make progress on the Clausing NC. I have the Huangyang GT
drive successfully communicating with the hy_gt_vfd comp. The only issue I
see is that this component does not have a way to stop communications like
the similar hy_vfd comp does. So If I start linuxcnc before the Huangyang
drive is powered on then I get a stream of error messages in the window
from which linuxcnc was invoked. So maybe I need to rethink how my e-stop
logic is wired. I have a contactor to cut the Huangyang power when the
e-stop is pressedI have an external physical e-stop button as well as the
one in the axis GUI. The axis GUI starts up with the e-stop pushed in, so
until the drive is initialized I get all of these errors. Maybe this is not
a big deal but I don't really like it.

The Clausing has 3 speed gearbox and provisions for a spindle encoder,
which I will be installing soon. The gearbox has switch contacts to
indicate which gear it is in. I see there is a component called "spindle"
which includes provisions for gearboxes. Should I use this component
instead of the "motion spindle" component? If so will I lose some important
functionality like spindle synchronized motion for multi start threading or
G65 constant surface speed?

Just asking before I waste time going down the wrong path.

Thanks in advance.

John Figie