On 11/27/22 17:06, andy pugh wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2022 at 21:44, John Figie <zephyr9...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow it would have been a lot nicer if the numgears parameter worked like
other parameters in hal components like 'count=' where the value entered is
actually equal to the quantity desired.

I agree, but if we changed it now it would break any existing configs
that use the component.

So do I, but that might also be a way to update the users knowledge about the systems they use.

I am not in favor of hiding root only stuff the user needs to know about in the /bin directory which is not in the users $PATH.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis