From: Rob C <rclandro...@gmail.com>
Sent: January 24, 2023 1:55 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Running PathPilot on non-Tormach Machines

am I missing something, this is all documented on the forum, with a number
of users using tormach with non tormach machines.

https://forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot

Mesa 7i92 will work just fine (I have had it running before)

now I have seen the light, and just run linuxcnc with axis for mill, router
and lathe, and qtplasmac for plasma.  it just works.  no it's not eye candy
but life is about the taste of the coffee and not the shape or look of the
mug / cup.

I do use nativecam and also ngcgui.... again they just work.

what benefit are you after using path pilot other than the gui appearance?

a similar appearance can be done with using qtpyvcp and probe basic

https://www.qtpyvcp.com/showcase/mill_vcps.html

what do you think tormach is going to do better than linuxcnc? ..... other
than the display interface?  (I am genuinely curious what the benefit is)

rob