A brief post to say, Jerry, thanks  so much for that gorgeous description of
ethnography.   Gives me a lot to think about in terms of what I imagine I’m
differentiating with the “auto” if my understanding of ethnography is in
harmony with yours—and simultaneously shaken, in the making. Going to think a
lot more but what grabs me first is a suspicion that having been vilified a
fair amount for me in my work, I took up the auto partly as defense/warning:
hey, a bunch of me is coming. Read it or don’t. Embarrassing to admit, and
damn, gender everywhere: display, punishment, shame, wiles.

And, as you suggest, I think, a misrepresentation of ethnography in the
process.

Thanks thanks.

Erica

Sent from my iPhone