Hello all,

Another week is close to coming to a close and there is again so much to think
about and respond to. I love that the conversation is continuing to adhere
closely to materials and media — understood in an elemental way.

In regards to waste and remediation I am reading witch Aja Rose Bond’s Compost
Poesis zine right now and her invocation of the cauldron in the making of
compost teas, which are highly active, beneficial bacteria- rich, nutrition for
damaged soils.

Lucian I am so glad you are writing in; your thoughts are visceral and
profound. I hope we can continue to think through accountability and
response-ability....

WhiteFeather and Tony, thinking through distinctions between language, media,
and material vis-a-vis magic may have far reaching ramifications for how we
think about technology. Ie. What happens if we think about language and plants
as different kinds of techne?

Ricardo, your story has been with me a long time, as I first read it in LIVE:
Art and Performance (a book edited by Adrian Heathfield). I love how the
gesture and the stick are a *both-and* magic— this to me has the potential to
break modernity’s spell, as modernity can only do binaries (magic that in fact
masks singularities: mind/body privileges mind, culture/nature privileges
culture, civilized/savage privileges ‘civilized’). The gesture of throwing the
stick also is a worlding gesture; it makes gatherings come about. As a
Guerrilla Grafter, I am always thinking about branches and sticks as living,
hybrid channels for new fruit, new pollen, compost, new fruit eaters, new
relationships. I recently learned from fellow grafter Sam Van Aken that peach
scion branches are considered wands in earlier times, and can be used to ward
off evil spirits.

I’m hoping Fabi might still post about her work with dreams... I had a dream
last night that the unruly dead were coming up from underground to aid in the
struggle against capitalism.... they weren’t zombies, they were something
else....

In kindness, green blessings, and solidarity,