Brian, Pedro, Jennifer, all. I think, again, we are writing or reading us
in a loop, where thoughts and facts and opinions emerge from a deep feeling
of insatisfaction.
We are all writing/thinking from the privilege, we have the skills of the
language, we can formulate our thoughts, we publish our thoughts in
newspapers or magazines or blogs, we teach at universities, we curate
exhibitions at the museums, we are a part of the discourse.
But what happen with all the others? The retired apotecary who shot himself
in the Syntagma Square? Or the Cuban dissident freed from Cuba hanging
himself in Spain? Or all those Gaza people born in a jail and condemned to
spend the rest of their lives in an open air jail?
Is possible to write radical works or to make radical Art in such a
conjuncture?
I moved from Sweden back to Uruguay more or less for same reasons who made
Brian move back to the States from Europe.
When I tired of being the only foreigner writing in the biggest newspaper
in Sweden and being a kind of token foreign I moved back, not because I
could not longer enjoy the benefits of the system but because I become more
and more bored of a system which suceed making all of to us to it's
complices.
I think we must break the rules, again, and break the consensus which is
the base of all this corrupt and inhuman system feeding itself from our
thoughts and deeds.
The only writing and the only Art should be the ones changing the world and
opening new spaces and contributing to new shapes.
I know I am totally naive here and  beg you to bear with me, I am after all
a typical "68-huitard", wanting "tout tout de suite" :)
Ana
--
http://maraya.tumblr.com/
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci