... and to respond to my own email (probably bad etiquette) one can observe the
obverse to be the case - just as plenty of research is not necessarily
instrumental so too is much art instrumental, whether responding to a
commission brief, applying for thematised funding, completing a work destined
to be sold in an art gallery or making adjustments to a performance in response
to audience feedback. Adrian's argument has value but is too black and white...

best

Simon

Sent from a mobile device, thus the brevity.

Simon Biggs
si...@littlepig.org.uk
s.bi...@ed.ac.uk
http://www.littlepig.org.uk